The Federal College of Education (Technical), Akoka (formerly National Technical Teachers College) is a Nigerian technical tertiary institution located in Akoka, a suburb of Yaba in Lagos. Founded in 1967 by the Federal Government of Nigeria, the institution was founded with the aim of “grooming and producing teachers in technical, vocational and commercial academic disciplines. The Federal College of Education (Technical), Akoka, hereby invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of:
Job Title: College Bursar
- The Bursar is the financial officer of the College and is responsible to the Provost for the day-today administration and control of the financial affairs of the College.
- The candidate for this position is expected to plan, organize, direct and coordinate the operation of the financial system of the College.
- He/She would however, be responsible to the Provost
Candidate for the post of Bursar must possess the following requirements:
- A good honours degree or HND in Accountancy or Finance from a recognized institution of higher learning with at least 21 years cognate experience plus full registration with a recognized Professional Accounting Body.
- Evidence of attendance of a continuous Mandatory Professional Development Course is required.
- Proficiency in Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- All candidates must not be more than 59 years as at the time of assumption of duty.
- All candidates must have spent at least S years on the previous rank
Condition of Service
- Candidate will be entitled to the privileges and benefits specified in the Terms and Conditions of Service for Staff of Federal College of Education (Technical), Akoka and according to other conditions which may be approved from time to time by the Governing Council of the College in consultation with the National Commission for Colleges of Education.
- The appointment of the candidate is for an initial period of five (5) years in the first instance and may be eligible for re appointment for a second term of five (5) years subject to satisfactory performance.